Plan your IWM Event: The workshops listed below can be booked from Wellplaced Consultancy for IWM or other events throughout the year. Onced booked, we bring the workshops to your venue. The exact nature and content of each workshop can be adapted to your audience and requirements.
The workshops listed below are an example of what we can do. We can also create "bespoke" workshops for any occasion. Workshops normally involve speakers and experts (from our network), presentations, resource lists, and workbooks (for schools) - or any combination. The length of a workshop is per your requirements, but we are here to advise. Price is on application. Of course, this is all subject to contract and availability.
To make an enquiry email us at
Workshops available to book for the education sector include via Well Placed Consultancy include;
New: Rehearsal for change courses. Rehearsal for change invites you to rediscover your hidden potential for change. Using a range of expressive forms, participants identify and remove limitations in personal expressions. Merle Van den Bosch is an International life skills educator.
- Build confidence and raise self-esteem.
- Develop new ways of expression
- Stimulate the desire for change
- Find solutions to make alternative decisions
- Facilitate cross-cultural integration
- No previous experience necessary
- Women in Leadership - An A-Z of women in leadership. The workshop looks at: What is leadership? What qualities are needed to develop leadership skills? Who are our leaders? Why is leadership critical today? Plus other key issues.
- School and College Presentations - Can include "creative animators" - writers, filmmakers, poets etc; Can include "theme days" - e.g. citizenship, first impressions count, work experience preparation day; Can include "professionals and experts" - motivational taster workshops/career workshops - e.g. science, creative writing , technology, music, medical etc; Can include "Sheroes" - scientific innovation - Black people from the past responsible for scientific breakthroughs.
- 10 week Evening Class Speakers Programme - for groups of adults - bespoke lectures. What do you want to find out about? We can arrange a lecture series. Examples of subjects – Mildred Fawcett, Indira Ghandi, Marie Stoppes, Mary Seacole, Harriet Tubman, Fannie Mae Jamieson, Rosa Parks , Pearl Connor Magotsi, Claudia Jones, Una Marson etc
- Creative Writing Workshop - "How to's" with the experts - e.g. how to write a novel, your biography, present your poetry, write for a living, develop your craft etc.
- Preserving Herstory - building and looking after our own archives - how do we take care of things that matter to us? Including photos and ephemera
- Speakers' Panels - Have you got an event coming up? No time to source and brief the best speakers? Use us for seminars, launches, conferences, or workshops.
- Future Events News Service
- I write what I like - interactive forum and discussion with writers and publishers.....
- Equality Impact Assessments – How to carry one out reflecting true equality by making sure it does not discriminate and promotes equality.
- Zymurgy Publishing, Dr Lauren Roche Bent "not broken" tour
- Hackney Community College
- Tower Hamlets College
- Newham College
- Royal Commonwealth Club
- Lewisham Education Business Partnerships
- Lewisham College
- Sydenham Girls School
- Catford Girls School
- Page Moss Library, Knowsley
- River Alt Community Centre
- Women’s Refuge
- Croydon Council Social Services Department
- Royal Deaf Association
- The Charter School Dulwich
- King’s College Medical School - Access to Medicine
Authors we have worked with:
- Dr Lauren Roche
- Maureen Roberts
- Donna Daley Clarke
- Yvonne Brewster
- Pat Cumper
- Vastiana Belfont
- Verna Wilkins
- Anita Mc Kenzie
- Prof Elizabeth Anionwu
- Delia Jarrett-Macauley
- Esther Austin
- Nardia Foster
- Jean Buffong
- Judith Beryl
- Dr. Maya Angelou
- Anna Raeburn
- Singer songwriter, Carroll Thompson
- Broadcaster actress and comedienne, Angie Le Mar
- DJ and MC, Elayne Smith Caldwell